Author Topic: How should I export OBJ for 2 objects, 2 UVs?  (Read 2008 times)

I have a belt and one object is the buckle with it's own map and materials.  The second is the belt with it's map and materials.  If I export as OBJ and use materials OBJ as groups, it loads in as one object in SD as I want.  I can make graphs per material but I can't see each map as a UV set as expected.  I've also tried as an FBX.  I am modeling and export from Blender 2.67b.

I'm attaching the options I am using on each export format.

Thank you,
Cris

Make sure you apply 2 different materials to your 2 meshes before exporting.
Also, in the 3D view in SD, click on the little tree icon in the bottom left to bring up the scene tree. In there you can select your different objects and assign them different materials.

If all your meshes use the same material, you can add another one through the Materials menu.

Thank you, but I'm not having trouble doing my materials, it's that I can only access one map.  The object is composed of two parts, and two maps.  In SD they lay over each other, so if I want to bake model info for curvature, etc., it is baking the two maps at the same time.

Ho ok, when baking maps in SD you can check which of the different meshes you want to take into account during the baking on the left window of the baking settings and you can use the "Use unselected mesh parts" to make sure the AO is correct even when baking it on only one mesh and not on others.

Ah, k, Jeremie, thank you, I'll try that.  Hopefully you will see my other thread on my normals problem where the surface is going in instead of out  with the normals. 

Thank you,
Cris