Author Topic: Hide/unhide polygons  (Read 19586 times)

It's the reason why most of the times I'd rather paint in Zbrush.

Because painting in ZBrush is fully non-destructive, right?

Would be a great feature to have without any doubt, but to be honest I have rarely missed it. Areas that you can't reach with your brush will most likely be areas that will be occluded by other sub-objects and won't be seen in full detail anyway, so painting those areas in 2D view is not a big problem, at least in my opinion.

Nevertheless, being able to hide polygons based on connectivity/ selection sets/ material assignments is a quite obvious feature that should have been there from the beginning.

I getting used by 3d coat before so +1, really need this on SP

Please add hide/unhide polygons/parts of the mesh. I know it was mentioned that there is something under the hood that makes this very difficult but it has to be done. It makes work very painful...
Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:59:06 pm

This is crazy.  A 3d painting tool that can't hide geometry?  Splitting materials just to get at some obscured geometry isn't an option.  I don't know how painting in 2d can even be suggested--if that was good enough everyone would just use Photoshop.

I assumed Painter was a new product, maybe released in the last year or so, due to the huge amount of missing core functionality.  Apparently it's been out for years.  Think it's time to try some alternatives.