Author Topic: How to import textures into SD?  (Read 131 times)

I've only recently purchased Substance Designer and am just finding my way round it. I'm still very green! I'd like to import a texture I made outside of SD into SD to use in a substance I'm building, but I can't find out how to do it (searched the web etc.). Can anyone help please? Also, if it is possible are there any file type restrictions (.png/jpeg grayscale etc?).

Thanks!

I've only recently purchased Substance Designer and am just finding my way round it. I'm still very green! I'd like to import a texture I made outside of SD into SD to use in a substance I'm building, but I can't find out how to do it (searched the web etc.). Can anyone help please? Also, if it is possible are there any file type restrictions (.png/jpeg grayscale etc?).

Thanks!

I'm still fairly green myself, but from what I've managed to uncover so far, you need to use Substance Bitmap2Material(B2M) in order to make one ready for that.   As for restrictions, given the tutorials I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much of any, though I'm having a specific problem in how to actually use it...

Use a bitmap node ;)

just drag and drop it into the graph and then decide, if you want it imported or linked

Thanks very much!!