Author Topic: Swap/Replace Nodes  (Read 59 times)

It would be great if there was a simple way to swap nodes that are very similar. I think this would be easy to implement if the routine was kept very simple. Such as some type of filtered popup that only shows nodes that have identical connectors as the one being replaced. Or simply allow the user to drag a new node onto an existing node to replace it. The system could auto-swap connectors that have matching labels/identifiers and leave the rest alone.

For example, one would use this to swap a lower-or-equal node for a greater-or-equal node. Or change a grunge map 1 node into a grunge map 2 node.

The shift-drag mechanism is great for changing multiple connections, but it doesn't help when you need to change nodes that have a bunch of single connections.

I just wanted to add a note about this, after gaining some more experience with the program, I realize this functionality almost already exists, but in a four step process:

1. Select the old node
2. Right click the old node and choose "delete and relink"
3. Select the "previous" node (of the one removed)
4. Add a new node (which will auto-link it into the chain)

This will retain the links while replacing it. So yeah, if we can make this action a single step process, it would be great. And super easy, since all of the functionality is already there.
Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 02:38:41 am