Author Topic: Copy channels  (Read 93 times)

Hi

I have a mesh with multiple texture sets. When I export the textures I get a warning that certain channels are missing eg base color or metallic. So  I can add these channels to the texture set settings, but I have to do this to each texture set. Is there a way to copy the channels over to all the texture sets.

It would be good if when you picked a export setting it automatically added the necessary channels. I am exporting for redshift at the moment.

Cheers

I cant be the only one to have this issue or am i missing something obvious.

You either add the channels to the texture sets, or you make a copy of the texture export config and exclude those maps for export.

Yeah i have been adding the channels the issue is when you have like 10+ sets and you have to go through each one.

Yeah i have been adding the channels the issue is when you have like 10+ sets and you have to go through each one.

Then make a new export config and exclude those channels. Problem solved. :) Takes like 5 seconds to do.

I need the channels though so its not so simple. For example with the redshift preset it wont do the diffuse map because  its missing mettallic channel.

I need the channels though so its not so simple. For example with the redshift preset it wont do the diffuse map because  its missing mettallic channel.

Oh, I thought you were not going to use the channels. You know you can plug in 0-1 values into most shaders to represent metallic or not.

Yes but i do need the diffuse map. its weird that you can't just a make a preset of the channels and load that in.