Author Topic: Substance Maya Vray Texture Issue  (Read 100 times)

Hey, guys. I'm having a weird issue with substance in Maya I'm trying to wrap my head around. I'm currently on Maya 2018 without any service packs installed and my substance plugin version is 1.4.1-7b007d3. I'm using substances and the substance plugin with vray materials.

When I open my maya scene, some substances appear broken. Errors in the tiling, low res, distorted. You can see that in the broken image attatched. If I open up the hypershade and simply select the substance node, not even selecting reload or anything, the images update and display correctly. If I close maya and reopen, they display distorted again, until I open the substance node. I wasn't sure if this was just a viewport bug and it would render correctly, but when rendering, the distortion/low res textures persist.

Some things I've tried, I made sure workflow is set to custom and I changed the output cache from none to use custom folder. When I open that folder I can see the images being generated. It looks like when I select the substance node and the textures display correctly, I can see the textures displaying correctly in the folder I specified. If I close maya, the textures there are still looking correct, but when I open the scene again, they're replaced with the low res/distorted textures until I select the substance node again.

Hope that was thorough enough. I appreciate the help in advance. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Here's a link to some screenshots detailing my issue. I tried attaching them to this post but I was getting errors.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z-GDnaAez0DGkh_LZGbCP1P5IfKCFf9N
Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:19:57 pm

It looks to me like it's rendering with the default outputsize and not with what was saved. That may be a limitation of how the UI panels were built, how the plugin was designed to work with the Maya attribute system is a big issue that we know about.

This should be fixed in the 2.0.0 release, which will be soon. We should be in beta for that whenever I finish up the final installer toolchain for it.
Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:01:08 pm
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com

Hey, Galen. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep my eye out for when 2.0.0 drops and hopefully that will address the issue.