Author Topic: New Substance for Painter: KRG_Blur  (Read 1777 times)

Hey guys... just messing around with creating filters for Painter... I have one for blurring the paint on the model, and I think I got it working right. Would love your feedback on this. The only thing I can't get to work is getting the substance to work on a mask :(
Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 07:00:17 am

To be able to use it on a mask, you have to set your input image name as "input", and your output image as "output".
Here the blurHQ filter from Designer, modified to be used in Painter.

Sadly Painter has a big limit: there is no uv padding, so applying a blur will result in evident seams.
Also, Blur effects are so SLOW... I wonder if there will be made optimizations to substances to make them faster.

To be able to use it on a mask, you have to set your input image name as "input", and your output image as "output".
Here the blurHQ filter from Designer, modified to be used in Painter.

Sadly Painter has a big limit: there is no uv padding, so applying a blur will result in evident seams.
Also, Blur effects are so SLOW... I wonder if there will be made optimizations to substances to make them faster.

NICE!!! This works perfect... spent hours banging my head about this :)... and I wonder if they will make more filters. And I am aware about the seams so I will have to be careful about where I place my paint for blurring. The scalp is a good example of this, but I am not worried about it since hair will be covering this.
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:18:55 pm