Author Topic: Feedback via Uservoice  (Read 3404 times)

Hi all,

We launched a feedback service (via Uservoice) allowing you to provide feedback for all products, so that you can let us know which feature would be important and vote for them!
It's accessible at http://allegorithmic.uservoice.com, and you need to use the same login/password that on the website and forum.

Let us know what you think about it!
Nicolas
Director of Product Management & COO

Hey Nicolas,

this is a good thing, I´d say!

Idea posted ;)

Cheers!

Freelance 3d Artist Modo Substance
Mark TomlinsonMarkBTomlinson - Substance Tools Group

+1.  Very nice
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muezli.com with yoghurt and lots of fresh fruits.

will this get some form of moderation. I mean, if there are features that are simply impossible, will they get removed? I see the potential of valuable votes getting wasted on features that will never make it, because of beeing not possible ot feasable in the first place.

Yes. it's moderated.

Would be nice if you could edit the ideas that you post in the Uservoice. The only option is to delete, or add comments.

Note; this post should be a sticky in each of your feature request forums.

Also, you should state a preference as having only 10 votes on user voice verses free commenting and +1s on a forum gets confusing as to which you put more weight on.

I understand UserVoice and it's benefits but the 10 vote limit confused me in a professional sense. Are you concerned about kids over voting or something?

Mike

They either need to kill these feature request forums, or get rid of user voice. Till then I am double posting in both spots.. I don't know which one to use.

I prefer the forums as uservoice is pretty limited. I can't even edit my posts there, and I have a maximum number of votes.

PLUS - this drives me NUTS - on Uservoice, the text box that you type in is TINY:
Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:11:36 am

Hi,

Uservoice is simply a tool for us, and for users, to let know what are the most important features.
We of course check the forum (and other community requests, such as Steam, Polycount, etc.), and many features come from here, however it's sometimes hard to distinguish which ones may me the most wanted by the community. That's why Uservoice is very helpful in this way, so if a feature is very important for you I would suggest it to post on Uservoice, and have people vote for it. When it comes to decide which features we are going to work on, or when we hesitate between 2 features to implement (which one first), Uservoice is helpful.
This does not mean we will strictly follow it, but it's a tool that help us take some decisions regarding what the community wants.

The 10 votes limit is simply for users to not vote for everything, but choose the most important features. Once a feature you voted for has been developed, you get your votes back. This is the same system on other websites such as Autodesk or Unity, which are both using Uservoice as well.

I hope it makes things clear!

Nicolas

Hi,

Uservoice is simply a tool for us, and for users, to let know what are the most important features.
We of course check the forum (and other community requests, such as Steam, Polycount, etc.), and many features come from here, however it's sometimes hard to distinguish which ones may me the most wanted by the community. That's why Uservoice is very helpful in this way, so if a feature is very important for you I would suggest it to post on Uservoice, and have people vote for it. When it comes to decide which features we are going to work on, or when we hesitate between 2 features to implement (which one first), Uservoice is helpful.
This does not mean we will strictly follow it, but it's a tool that help us take some decisions regarding what the community wants.

The 10 votes limit is simply for users to not vote for everything, but choose the most important features. Once a feature you voted for has been developed, you get your votes back. This is the same system on other websites such as Autodesk or Unity, which are both using Uservoice as well.

I hope it makes things clear!

Nicolas

I didn't mean to sound naive either, it was more about the double posting.

Anyway enough about this. :)

Mike

No worries :)