Author Topic: Announcing Substance SHARE  (Read 11027 times)

Hi,

Substance SHARE is an online asset exchange platform for the community. Its coming this summer.

In the past year especially, we have seen a substantial amount of content being shared by our community. You all Rock! Substance SHARE is the platform where all this will come together, to make texturing with Substance an even more fun and social experience.

Access Substance SHARE directly within the tools and integrate it seamlessly in your workflow. Call it one more string to your bow!

Stay tuned for more information.

https://www.allegorithmic.com/substance-share

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

I like this idea, nice to have a central location for sharing Substances.

Thanks Guys :)
Freelance 3d Artist Modo Substance
Mark TomlinsonMarkBTomlinson - Substance Tools Group

Really nice idea (it's finally happening) !
Do you think there will be the option to sell some more complex substances or packs of substances as well (like the unity asset store)?

This will be really sweet. I'm especially exited for the integration in SD and SP.

Do you think there will be the option to sell some more complex substances or packs of substances as well (like the unity asset store)?
At launch you will not be able to sell/buy stuffs, it will be only free share. And we will see how it goes, if a reselling system would make sense or not.

Nico
Director of Product Management & COO

WOW that´s great guys !  :)

You innovate a lot of stuff, come up with new products and updates and such (which is great)
- but please remember to fix existing bugs in already exisiting products.

Lately I got the feeling, this area is left alone a bit.

Ok, that´enough ranting - good idea and looking forward to this platform

Cheers
Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:06:12 am

WOW that´s great guys !  :)

You innovate a lot of stuff, come up with new products and updates ans such (which is great)
- but please remember to fix existing bugs in already exisiting products.

Latly I got the feeling, this area is left alone a bit.

Ok, that´enough ranting - good idea and looking forward to this platform

Cheers

SD 5.0.3 should be launched early next week, as well as SP 1.3.3, full of bugs fixed ;)
Director of Product Management & COO

:) Thanks for the heads-up

At launch you will not be able to sell/buy stuffs, it will be only free share. And we will see how it goes, if a reselling system would make sense or not.

Nico

Free is the way of the free world...wait..that didn't make sense;) But I know I'm grateful for a place where the community can come together easier and share their stuff with the world. Sometimes, just getting your name known by giving away something incredible can land you a very nice job:)

I think I like this idea overall.  Im afraid that this will make me lazy and not doing my own substance.

Nico

Free is the way of the free world...wait..that didn't make sense;) But I know I'm grateful for a place where the community can come together easier and share their stuff with the world. Sometimes, just getting your name known by giving away something incredible can land you a very nice job:)

I agree but I think both free and not free make sense, depending of the nodes. It's actually already the case, as you can already find both in different places :-)

And I would even add a pay what you want option :-)

SD 5.0.3 should be launched early next week, as well as SP 1.3.3, full of bugs fixed ;)

:D its great to see the the progress Painter and SD made.
Windows 10 / Octane & Marmoset Toolbag / GTX Titan Black 6GB + GTX 970 / Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHZ (6 Core / 12 Threads)

Great idea.

And I would even add a pay what you want option :-)

+1
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast
Steam: badgerdk - Skype: seborgarsen

So glad I bought your software.  :)