Author Topic: Announcing Substance SHARE  (Read 11027 times)

Hi there,
I am really excited by this announcement but i have a little question about Substance Database2. Do Substance Share and Substance Database2  can they co-exist? What happening for Database2 ? Maybe Will be introduced for free at launch of Substance Share ?

Thank
actually ,have nothing meaningful to say !

Hi,

Substance Share and Substance Database 2 are two different things:
- Substance Share is a tool for the community to be able to share content, for free. It's not only Allegorithmic content, it's everybody's content.
- Substance Database 2 is a product we are selling, containing more than 1000 substances produced by Allegorithmic.

It's possible that at one moment the webpage of Substance Database 2 may be accessible on Share to make things easier, but that will not be for free.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Director of Product Management & COO

Ok merci Nicolas pour la réponse.
Ok thank you Nicolas for the reply.
actually ,have nothing meaningful to say !

Teo

So we will can share directly from Designer or Painter or forced to go with browser? What about importing?

When is actually planned for this to go live?

You will be able to upload from SP, SD or your browser.
We don't have a release date to share at the moment, but soon :)

I've only just purchased Substance Live in the last few weeks and am getting to grips with designer / painter at the moment - this is great news, patiently waiting :).

Trev

I read, the release date (for non-database customers) is tomorrow (08.09.)?

But as there is no official statement/announcement from Allegorithmic (AFAIR) - maybe the source is just wrong ;)

cheers!

The release is this week  ;)

I hope Allegorithmic makes a license that is easy to understand for things submitted on substance share. It should be always clear to people who submit resources what they agree on and also to those who download what they can use the items for.

I personally would like to see commercial use being allowed for all substance share items. NC use can be debated, for example if you glance through substance for learning purposes and build similar enough thing yourself, it's not always clear where you'd draw the line. I'd like to see a similar license that Unity and Unreal Engine have for their marketplaces: there people can use the items for commercial use but resale is strictly forbidden. If however people are allowed to submit things for non-commercial use only, I hope it's stated clearly per item.

Things are quite clear: all the assets available on Substance Share can be used for commercial or personal projects.

More news very soon :)

Nico

Things are quite clear: all the assets available on Substance Share can be used for commercial or personal projects.

Nico

Substance share was supposed to be out by the end of Summer..so what's going on now?

Hey VictorB,

there will be an announcement very soon ;)
Just wait a little longer.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Can't wait to see this...  :)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Thea Render - A Team
"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X

Nico

Substance share was supposed to be out by the end of Summer..so what's going on now?

Summer ends on September 21st, we are still in the summer. And we will keep our promise :)

Summer ends on September 21st, we are still in the summer. And we will keep our promise :)
I'm sure you keep your promise, however, in Scandinavia - where I'm based - summer ended August 31st. ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik
Thea Render - A Team
"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X