Author Topic: Substance Maya Toolset  (Read 22459 times)

Hi, I have been having some issues with the baker in getting it running in Maya 2016 using the it seems to not be creating a .bat file. This only happens when using a High Poly mesh.
http://i.imgur.com/SmZyrN8.png
That is the error I get. It also writes a completely blank texture but it does successfully export the Meshes. Odd thing is after that if I don't select the high poly it will bake out successfully.

I also would like to make a feature request of prefixes in addition to the suffixes formatted to a radial button just below Mesh Nomenclature
http://i.imgur.com/zigV097.png
The reason for this being you can then use zbrush's sub tool master to export your asset as separate obj that write out with prefixes.
Another addition to this could be a bulk rename function for the selected objects using the Mesh Nomenclature text boxes would make it a one stop tool.

Can you detail a bit your setup ?
The *.bat file are removed once the baking is done (by default). If you enable the "keep batch files" checkbox, it should not remove them after the bake. Can you check with this option that the are correctly generated ? If yes, you can post it here and I will look into it. Maybe there is a typo and the baker don't generate the texture because of that.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

It seems to work now with that setting thank you for the help!

Looking forward to the OSX version!  Any idea when that might drop?

:)
jw

No ETA since I'm still waiting that we update the batch tools to fix some issue on Mac.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Absolutely love the plug in but there are a couple of things I would like to see added or changed.
1. have the plugin remember the settings.  For example, remember the bakes i want such as normal, ao, settings like use cage, output format etc.  Kinda a pain having to set these every time I start up the plug in.
2. output the ao, and other grey scale images as full color, no index, or have the option.

thanks
G

Regarding 1#, it's already on my todolist. :)
Regarding 2#, I don't have the control over this behavior since it's the baker that decide to output a grayscale or rgba map depending of the file format.
-----------

What are you baking settings ?
-----------

Then I suggest that you post in the substance Designer support section then. This will be easier for us to answer your question regarding the bakers.
-----------

Hi Froyok, love the plugin.

Is there any chance you change the Toolset to assign 'correct' FBX export and baking parameters depending on the tangent basis calculator loaded for the plugin?

So, if you load mikktspace; then FBX export will have smoothing groups on, and tangent and binormals off, and in bake settings Per-Pixel Binormal will be on by default?

If you load unitytspace; smoothing groups on, tangent and binormals on, and in bake settings Per-Pixel Binormal will be off by default?

It just saves time and user errors, I think.

Also, is there a way to bake maps in 16bit?  When I chose targa, it's 8bit - I understand. But, when I chose TIF, it's 32bit only, and then it's a fuss to convert to 16bit or 8bit.

Is there any chance you change the Toolset to assign 'correct' FBX export and baking parameters depending on the tangent basis calculator loaded for the plugin?

So, if you load mikktspace; then FBX export will have smoothing groups on, and tangent and binormals off, and in bake settings Per-Pixel Binormal will be on by default?

If you load unitytspace; smoothing groups on, tangent and binormals on, and in bake settings Per-Pixel Binormal will be off by default?

It just saves time and user errors, I think.
That should be easy to do. I will add that on my to-do list. :)

Also, is there a way to bake maps in 16bit?  When I chose targa, it's 8bit - I understand. But, when I chose TIF, it's 32bit only, and then it's a fuss to convert to 16bit or 8bit.
I'm not sure we have the control of the bit depth in the parameters of the batch tools. The only workaround I see for the moment is to use the PNG file format.
-----------