Author Topic: Substance Maya Toolset  (Read 22450 times)

How do I use this if I have only painted my model using Substance Painter? Do I have to export everything to Designer, then export it again from Painter? Seems weird that this is only for designer since Painter has way more control over getting custom detail on a model.

Really stoked to use this - was a fan of your old XNormal plugin - saw you were no longer supporting that plugin and so I was led to this new and improved script of yours!  However, I'm running into this issue which is preventing me from getting the bake to fire off.   

http://i.imgur.com/FJZCSIX.jpg

The error in the script log mentions "More than one object matches name:" and then lists my high poly object.  Yet in the outliner as pictured in the attached screenshot, I only have the one high poly object.  I'm still transitioning to Maya as a long time Max user but I'm having a tough time figuring out how to fix this, I suspect it's user error on my part but I'm not finding a solution as of yet. 

I've tried deleting history on the mesh as well.   Any insight would be much appreciated :)
Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:54:51 am

Hi,
Try the Optimize Scene Size command (File menu).

Maybe search for the name in the Search by Name field:
*panel_hp1
and look the Script Editor for results.

Cheers, D
I'm an Environment Artist and R&D Generalist at Digic Pictures

Hi,
Try the Optimize Scene Size command (File menu).

Maybe search for the name in the Search by Name field:
*panel_hp1
and look the Script Editor for results.

Cheers, D

You blessed man.  See.  It's the little things :)  I have my own hard-earned collection of workarounds to weird occurrences in 3DSMax, but when it comes to Maya (being a new convert)... not so much.  Your suggestion worked perfectly! 

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Hi.
Can you please give some workflow examples of how this would be useful?
Sorry I'm sure its obvious for most people but I would like to see how this can be used in a real world project.
Video or workflow explanation would be wonderful thanks! ;)

How do I use this if I have only painted my model using Substance Painter? Do I have to export everything to Designer, then export it again from Painter? Seems weird that this is only for designer since Painter has way more control over getting custom detail on a model.
The goal of this script is mainly to gain some time by Baking via maya and our batch tools. If you are already in Substance Painter you can bake there.

Hi.
Can you please give some workflow examples of how this would be useful?
Sorry I'm sure its obvious for most people but I would like to see how this can be used in a real world project.
Video or workflow explanation would be wonderful thanks! ;)
I'm afraid I won't have the time to do a full explanation video. The main goal is to be able to bake your meshes from withing Maya directly with our bakers. For more questions I suggest to look at our documentation : https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SB10/Substance+Maya+Toolset
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

Hi Froyok,

I just installed the tool for Maya 2017 Update 3.
I got this message when I try to bake something:

Computing...
Parsing Error: option '--output-size' expected two vector components separated by comma, but only one ('6') was provided.

What am I missing?

Cheers, D
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:01:47 am

I have installed the Maya Toolset on Maya 2016 and I am getting this issue:

Tangent space plugin doesn't exit

The tangent space plugin dll file doesn't exist.

So I have got the version 0.7 which supposedly have addressed this issue. Can anyone help me please?
Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:34:07 am

Hi Froyok,

Computing...
Parsing Error: option '--output-size' expected two vector components separated by comma, but only one ('6') was provided.

What am I missing?

Cheers, D

Solution from Froyok:
"Hello
The Maya toolset has not been updated yet to support the version 6 of the Batch Tools
Which is why you get an error
I'm working on an update for it
Meanwhile I suggest using an older version (5.x)"

Thanks, D

Can this tool bake normal textures from mesh at 8K as painter and designer and output in an sequence?
All I find is 4K support in the plugin, yet native application supports 8K?

Edit:
Aaah, I think I figured it out.
Size seems to be powered by two:

Unsupported.
1=2
2=4
3=8
4=16
14=16384  (and above)  :'(

Supported:
5=32
6=64
7=128
8=256
9=512
10=1024
11=2048
12=4096
13=8192

Input is : HxW with comma so a 1024K map is 10,10
Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 02:59:11 am

Hi Froyok,

Computing...

What am I missing?

Cheers, D

Solution from Froyok:
"Hello
The Maya toolset has not been updated yet to support the version 6 of the Batch Tools
Which is why you get an error
I'm working on an update for it
Meanwhile I suggest using an older version (5.x)"

Thanks, D

Ah yes! I was looking for the same answer. I guess I will downgrade to batch tools 5x to fix this then. Thanks! Any updates on making this work with batch tools 2017?

Hello.
I installed the SubstanceMayaToolset_0-7 downloaded by https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/1647
I tried to bake a simple scene (a cilinder with a sphere) to test the system, but without any result since I receive this error:

Computing...
[ERROR][CLIParser]Option output-size expected a value of type QSize, but receive
d non-convertible "5".

Could you please give some advice?

Thank you

Software installed:
Substance_Designer-2018.1.0-1039-msvc14
Substance_Automation_Toolkit-2017.2.4-132-msvc14
Maya 2018.2
Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:55:56 pm

its awesome! ;D  update with the substance designer 2018,add some bake setting.like “use sekw”pls~ :'( . thank u

Hi there,
just wanted to ask if this substance maya toolkit works with UDIMs yet?

cheers
Guillaume

Hi there,
just wanted to ask if this substance maya toolkit works with UDIMs yet?

cheers
Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

I'm sorry but it does not work with UDIMs. The maya toolkit is not something we actively update. It was created by one of our internal devs as more of a side project. I will speak with our integration team about working on this officially.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja