Author Topic: Issues with license  (Read 3874 times)

My subscription to Substance Live was charged to my account two days ago but the license didn't update. The license download on my account only gives me the one that's already expired. I can't use the programs :( please help me out!
3D art is magic.

Substance Painter updated but SD doesn't recognize that I have an internet connection and won't give me a new license.
3D art is magic.

Nevermind. By running SD as administrator it was able to recognize my internet connection :P Fun stuff.
3D art is magic.

Nevermind. By running SD as administrator it was able to recognize my internet connection :P Fun stuff.

Hi,

Which version of SD are you running? Is it 5.0.2 or 5.0.3?
I'm asking because we fixed a bug regarding the Internet connection in 5.0.3.

Cheers,
Nico
Director of Product Management & COO

I'm running Substance Designer 5.0.3 on Windows 8.
3D art is magic.

I'm running Substance Designer 5.0.3 on Windows 8.

And the Internet connection works only when you are connected as an admin, that's right?

And more generally, is everything ok with your license? I checked them and they seem fine and updated.
In a future version the license will be updated automatically by the software, you will not need to do anything.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Thanks :) everything is working just fine here, running as administrator fixed the net issue. The License download on my account page was outdated though. I went there to try to install the license manually. I struggled for a good 15-20 trying to get SD to notice I had internet. Painter was no issue though, I opened it up and it updated right away.
3D art is magic.

Thanks for your feedback.
Our team is going to check why you had those problems.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem: Live, Substance Painter updated, Designer did not, and running it a Administrator makes no difference.

Hi,

Try to delete the file located here:
C:\Program Data\Allegorithmic\Substance Designer\5\license.key

In general it solves the problem.

Nicolas

Tried that, it made no difference. Tried as Administrator too.  It returns bad authentication instantly.

Hi,

The bad authentification is a different situation, which comes from a bug from previous versions. Can you confirm you are using SD 5.0.3, and not a previous version?

Cheers,
Nico

Thanks, That fixed the problem, moving to 5.0.3.

The response and quick resolution is appreciated.