Author Topic: 3dsMax to Substance Painter bridge  (Read 42715 times)

Hi,

I was currently looking into your issue, it seems to be related to some modification done for Substance Painter 2018 in the command lines.
We found from where it comes from, and we will try to fix it as soon as possible but I can't give you an ETA at this moment.

In the meantime, you can use the "Use existing spp" option (this way you shouldn't get the error).

Cheers,

Ludovic
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:04:57 pm

Thanks for your answer Ludo

"In the meantime, you can use the "Use existing spp" option (this way you shouldn't get the error)."
Yes, of course but i lose benefit of the script.

Unfortunatly i didn't find any solution for this issue.

Maybe trying the 2018.2

The issue has been fixed with the 2018.2.0 version.

Let us know if you're still having trouble using this plugin !

I done at once...

Back to you after long holidays  ;D
I confirm that works fine with substance painter 2018.2 ;)

Glad it works, thanks for letting me know that the issue has been fixed !

If anyone is still having trouble, feel free to answer to this post explaining which issue he is having.

Cheers,

Ludovic

i have a problem after instalation "Substance Painter executable cannot be detected in specified path"
can someone help me?

I use
substance painter 2018.3.3 (Steam version)
3dsMax_send_to_SubstancePainter_1.2
max2018

and i send model to substance,but nothing in the substance,And no error messages.

Another thing, when I re-open 3ds max, the plugins substance exe path will be reset.
This is very inconvenient because my exe path is different from the general installation path,Causes me to reassign each time.

Hi Sam,

I can ask Gaetan if he does anything with this anymore. The integrations team doesn't work on this, although we're looking at adding a proper live link from Painter to 3ds Max. This should be a much better solution in the long term.

Best,
Galen
Software Engineer, Integrations
Maya 2.0, 3ds Max & Modo
galen.helfter@allegorithmic.com