Author Topic: Substance Designer: Creating a texture atlas  (Read 31873 times)

Ok, I dont know if this is the right way but I think I got it to work. Once I brought it into SD 2018 with the changes it asked me to make via "Format Changed window. I republished the Atlas Maker, and was able to bring it into a new scene as an instance like it is shown in the tutorial video. I may be completely wrong on how I went about this but will do some tests and update here soon.

Please let me know if you run into issues. You did the update process correctly so it should be working now.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hiya Wes,

not sure if this is the texture issue people were talking about, but when trying to offset with base parameters larger than 2048, the Texture Atlas can't go past 2048. I'll attach a screenshot to show what I'm talking about if what I said made no sense  :-X Also, in the original post, the dropbox link doesn't work, so I had to look it up on substance share, if that makes any difference. Not sure if the versions differ. Also, using v2018.

Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:33:24 pm

Hey again,

Also not so sure what's going on with this at the moment... Anyone have a clue?  :-\

*sigh*

I'm the DENSEST person ever... The outputs weren't set to baseColor, but instead they were set to diffuse.

Different workflow, different outputs! I always need to remember that.

Thanks if I haven't said it already! Amazing work and thanks again for the fantastic texture atlas resource!!! :D

Okay, now this is an actual question that I'm not 100% sure how to solve.

I want a non-square texture of 512 x 1024, but the texture atlas reformats my texture as a square texture.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

where can i download this atlas maker?
when i click download i get a,

Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for.

Creating a texture atlas

In this 3-part series, we take a look at creating a texture atlas in Substance Designer. This series covers the following:

1. Measuring geometry using a specific unit to pixel ratio
2. Using the Atlas Maker tool
3. UV layout to match the texture atlas

Software: Substance Designer 5 - 4
Version: 5.0/5.1.1 or 4.6

Prerequisites: Understanding of Substance Designer nodes and workflows.
Suggested series: Getting Started Series

Source files: Attached to this post. *includes Atlas Maker as resource to tutorial substance.

Download Atlas Maker

Download link is Broken Wes Trying to get this for my projects