Author Topic: Substance Designer: Creating a texture atlas  (Read 22506 times)

Hey guys... I am trying to download this on Substance Share but it is not allowing me to... I keep getting an error. is there an updated version of this here?
Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:32:33 pm

Hey KRGraphics,

What kind of error you get? The file on Substance a share should work fine.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey guys... I am trying to download this on Substance Share but it is not allowing me to... I keep getting an error. is there an updated version of this here?

Hi,

I'm sorry for this issue. It was that the .sbs was used as the download and some browsers are giving errors. I fixed the link so that it would download a zip file.

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hey, did you try to do a right click/save link as... ?

I love that this is even possible in Substance and thanks for doing a great tutorial for it.

I'm really wanting to be able to do something not shown in the tutorial. Is it possible to add materials that are not square? I've seen NaughtyDog create an atlas with lots of thin tiling trims. How? All I can think of is that the original came from a substance they made that was something like 128 x 2048 etc.The trims wouldn't be coming from a squared substance would it?

Hi,

I begin to use your node, I hoped to meet the messi.
But I can't obtain consistent result.
You will find attach an image that represent my atlas.

Maybe could you explain how obtain the right result.

Thank for your sharing

Christophe

PS : RMB to open image

What you are trying to achieve is extremely tricky to automatize, as Substance Designer treats each parts individually, without knowing where the neighbour is located (something which would be necessary in this case)

Will this be updated ... ? I'm surprised this thread is not more popular because atlas maker EXTREMELY useful and time-saving if you're doing modular assets with Substance Designer.

Hi, what a point to measure the model, if we scaling texture by eyes anyway?

When do you publish a version for version 6?

hi Wes, love this handy tool!  unfortunately, it's a bit broken  :'(  or, perhaps I'm using it wrong?

for the sake of testing, I've created a 1024x10241 img in PS, then masked a 1024x256 pixels and imported that into SD. in SD I used the atlas maker node and set my resolution gate to 1024, then the tile mask size to 1024x256. the result is smaller by 2-3 pixels than the map imported from PS.
you can see my test results here:

hope you can get it fixed, as said above... it's really handy!

When do you publish a version for version 6?

Thanks very much! I'm so sorry for this issue. This is indeed my fault. I will try and take a look at fixing this. Thanks for sending me this feedback.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja