Author Topic: Download MODO Substance Plugin Updates  (Read 17750 times)

Gary, Thank you! I wasn't aware of that difference. Now my substances are talking in Octane render :D

Thank you.

I can't thank you enough for this work.  The intersection of modo, substance, and octane is a thing of beauty.

I can't thank you enough for this work.  The intersection of modo, substance, and octane is a thing of beauty.

Awesome to hear! Thanks very much : )

Cheers,
wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hello,

I have encountered some issues with this plugin. When working on my scene in modo these substances seemed to have a mind of their own.

The output channels would loose their UV map assignment. All of a sudden they would be assigned to another object's UVs.

Horizontal wrap and vertical wrap would default back to 1 (but for example I set them to 24 repeats...)

The order of the channels in the shader tree would change as well. They move up and 'detach' from the substance item.

These changes happened in the background while working on the scene...

Is there a new update coming?

Regards

I've tried the latest plugin (Substance_Modo-10.0-2.4.0.286-msvc11-x64) from the Allegorithmic site on modo 10.2v4 as well as modo 10.2v1. I see "Substance" in the Textures menu, but neither of these have the "Load Substance" option, making Substance to modo pipeline useless. Am I missing something, or is this a bug that is being worked on?

Answered my own question:

The Youtube video below of Wes' is older and I guess the "Load Substance" is gone and has been replaced by the "load sbsar" once I have manually created a subtance.

Had to read the manual here: https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/integrations/MODO

VS. watching the video here (which is what first turned me onto Substance): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmM1xGWtDNM

Hi Wes,

Several members have voiced their interest in a Linux version of the Modo Substance plugin (which makes sense since both Modo and Designer exist and are popular on Linux) and I'd like to add my voice too by asking whether there's any news on this front.

You mentioned about a year ago that it's on the roadmap - could we get clarification and, possibly, some sort of ETA?

Cheers,

Roy

Hi Wes,

Several members have voiced their interest in a Linux version of the Modo Substance plugin (which makes sense since both Modo and Designer exist and are popular on Linux) and I'd like to add my voice too by asking whether there's any news on this front.

You mentioned about a year ago that it's on the roadmap - could we get clarification and, possibly, some sort of ETA?

Cheers,

Roy

Hi Roy,

I'm very sorry for this miscommunication on my part. Unfortunately we still don't have an ETA we can share at this time. We have talked about the linux version internally and it's something we wanted to deliver much sooner, but we just haven't been able to allocate the resource to it thus far.

I'm sorry I know that it's not good news and not a definitive answer on when we can deliver the linux version. It's definitely on our roadmap for the modo plugin. We will do our best to make this happen as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Wes
Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:15:29 pm

Hi Wes,
I'm using the octane/modo plugin having an issue to use octane materials from the source website. The material in octane is black with some coloured strips. I've talked with Paul Kinnane that is the developer of the plugin who is using the 2.4 version where all works fine. He suggests me to contact the Allegorithmic support to ask what could be the problem. So I'm doing this, Thanks, Best regards, Roy

P.s. I attach my configuration, hoping not to need to go back to the 2.4 version of substance to use it with modo.

Hello,
I need support,
someone read my topic...?
thanks,
Roy

Hello,
I need support,
someone read my topic...?
thanks,
Roy

HI Roy,

Very sorry for the delay on this issue. I see that Galen was able to contact you on our discord. Please let me know if someone hasn't contacted you.

Cheers,
Wes

I can second that regarding the substance/octane translation, it seems broken.

I have not seen it work successfully using Paul's behind the scenes method and I have also tried the PBR octane assembly as found here:

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/integrations/octane-for-modo-162005234.html

(click on the paper clip image to download), this gives similar unpredictable results.

I'm using also using Octane 4.00.0.137 and the same version plugin as royorengo.

If you need further assistance or a solution is found can Wes / Roy please update us here?

Thanks in advance.