Author Topic: Substance Painter Texturing for Beginners  (Read 42538 times)

In this video you showed the suffix for directx export, which is dx.
what is the suffix for Opengl?

thank you!

I don't know why but I can't download the project file. :(   

NM~~ Succeeded to downloaded it yesterday! 

In this video you showed the suffix for directx export, which is dx.
what is the suffix for Opengl?

thank you!

Hi,

It can be anything you want actually. I use ogl.

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

NM~~ Succeeded to downloaded it yesterday!

Great : ) Glad to hear you were able to download the files.

Cheers,
Wes

I am extremely confused with the fact the source files do not contain the UV fbx mesh to redo the UV's on the sci-fi crate , thus hindering me from learning step by step as I am missing files for some reason , ive unzipped the folder twice to no avail of finding the UV scifi mesh

I am extremely confused with the fact the source files do not contain the UV fbx mesh to redo the UV's on the sci-fi crate , thus hindering me from learning step by step as I am missing files for some reason , ive unzipped the folder twice to no avail of finding the UV scifi mesh

Hi,

I'm sorry for the confusion. You should have all of the meshes in the meshes folder.

Cheers,
Wes

Hi!

I've just started to look at this Substance Painter tutorial (I'm on 02: Importing Meshes) but I'm already confused. At around 4:06 in the vid, you start to explain that you've already done some work (height information) on the mesh and that you want to update it/change it, and 'in particular...' the UV layout.

Am I missing something? How did you get to this point? Why does the mesh/UV layout need updating?

Or maybe it's not important right now?

I have to admit, jumping ahead/not sticking to a step-by-step explanation is a pet peeve for me. The vid at this point assumes I know how you got here, and why you want to do this next step. Some folks will naturally get what's going on, but could you clarify for us thickies?

Cheers,

Darren.

I get Bakind failed when I try to bake the ID map. Top texture gets baked but the bottom part just gets this error