Author Topic: SketchFab Futuristic Car Contest  (Read 2520 times)

Hi,

Our friends at Sketchfab are running a contest featuring Substance Painter. Substance Painter 1.5 now has an integrated Sketchfab export. Check out the contest on the Sketchfab blog.

http://blog.sketchfab.com/post/127238041699/win-substance-licenses-with-our-futuristic-car?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=substancecontest

Cheers,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

sorry, but after days of painting, the final upload is kind of blown to pieces  >:(
any ideas, how to fiux this? (I exported with the SP to sketchfab exporter and in SP it look allright)

man, that´s really frustrating !!!

sorry, but after days of painting, the final upload is kind of blown to pieces  >:(
any ideas, how to fiux this? (I exported with the SP to sketchfab exporter and in SP it look allright)

man, that´s really frustrating !!!

Hmm, that is strange. Can you send me the .spp file?

Cheers,

Wes

Nope, I think not - it´s 2.8GB in SIze... I will try to reduce the texture size of the two mismatching car parts to 1024 and see, if that helps... other textures (512 and 1024) are working fine...

Oh dear... when looking closer, there are lot of other errors (red) - but the dirt and edge wear fx are 100% fine and in the right places (!)

Only the wheels are ok - the rest is more or less botched...

I have some ideas for one or even two more versions of this car - but I do not have any intensions to paint them anymore
Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:10:19 am

Hi Elowan,

sorry to hear you're having problems with the export! Could you mail me the link to the model on Sketchfab so we can check it out? That's bart@sketchfab.com. Thanks!

Ok, back to SP, I open up the project file, everything looks good - until I click on any of the textures sets, then SP re-computes a while and messes everything up...

strangely, when importing the model again, it also re-computes a while and everything is back to normal, again. then, when clicking on andy texture-set, it get´s messed up once again.

what is going on, here?????? heeeeeeeeeeeelp!!

edit: Ok, I re-stored a prev version and the textures are staying ok, when swithcing between texture-sets. But on export, it gets messed up, again

Now - from what I gather, it´s a problem with the Sketchfab-exporter.
When I choose another exporter-option (like PBR metallic), textures stay intact! is also crap, but a different...

edit #34 : Ok, the sketchfab exporter seems to work fine! It is a problem with SP and re-computing textures, when you change the model. If I open the painter project and select just the car, it exports fine. If I select the scene, where I added in the track (and scaled the car) - it still looks fine, until you hit export or select a texture set. Then it get´s messed up.

Now, I took the solo-car left it like it was and imported the track, re-scaled only the track.
After a small adjustment in SP, both parts are now ok  ;D

One thing, regarding Sketchfab FYI:

The 90day free Pro was not added to the account AND if you export some opacity maps from SP, the model/parts with opacity textures, will not render (invisible). If opacity slider is set to zero, parts are showing up, again.

the workaround will be Alpha-Maps, regarding to Bart (Sketchfab support)
Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:10:13 pm

Ok, there must be something faulty... now in SP everything look, like it should. I can even switch between the texture-set (woah!). But when exporting to sketchfab, I still get a few errors, when uploading the whole screne (with a track)...

*boom* head-explosion

edit: sketchfab processes just something wrong, with the textures.
I got some named "body_upper..." and "Body.." - these are getting mixed up. for the "Body" parts, the "body_upper_..." textures are choosen (!)

Edit: and another small catch: when re-uploading a model, all scene-settings are gone (I would not expect that to happen)

edit: I noticed some small errors - got fixed by just save the SP project and re-exporting
Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:28:45 am

Oh! And here is the link https://skfb.ly/GVyL :)

Cheers!
Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:36:29 pm

Oh! And here is the link https://skfb.ly/GVyL :)

Cheers!

Hi Elowan,

Great work! So the export is now working? It looks like the problem is solved?

Cheers,
Wes

Thanks Wes !

Yes, it is working now - there are some issues, like I wrote in my last edit - but yeah, it is fine now.