Author Topic: Substance Plugin Update - Version 1.2  (Read 4336 times)

Well, I got it working!!! I had multiple substances directories, basically one for painter and one for designer.  I completely removed the one for designer (which was in my documents folder, and so is the painter substance directory).  Then I installed HDRI Studio from GreyscaleGorilla.  Then I reinstalled the C4D substance 1.2 plugin---again!  Then it just worked.  I shut down C4D and restarted and it worked again.  I went back to one of the scenes I had used Printed_Circuit in, then recreated the material, applied it, and it rendered.  Of course, I understand that the TeamRender is currently not working, so I did not even try that.  So I am not sure if you did some sort of long distance hocus-pocus...but it is working for now.  Thank you for your time and effort and courtesy in handling this issue.

I'm glad you got it working, even if I don't understand how.
Cheers,
Andreas

SDK Support Engineer
MAXON Computer GmbH

I am trying to install the Substance plugin in Cinema 4D R19 on a Mac and I'm stumped immediately.  The Substance Plugin Documentation pdf file says to drop the .cld file into the Cinema 4D Plugins folder, but I do not see a .cld file in the Mac download folder (see attached screengrab).  Please advise.  Thanks.
Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:33:21 am

Actually there's no need to install the plugin anymore. Since Cinema 4D R18, the Substance Engine is integrated in Cinema 4D. You find the corresponding functionality in the Pipeline menu.
Cheers,
Andreas

SDK Support Engineer
MAXON Computer GmbH

Thanks for letting me know, a-block!  For some reason, my Pipeline menu was missing, but after resetting the C4D Layout/Workspace, I found just what I was looking for.