Author Topic: Substance Designer 3.5 sneak peeks  (Read 15667 times)

very nice! you didnt show explicitly, so i wanted to ask, does it make the "bitmap paint" node faster, too?

Yes :) in fact, repercussions of your paint strokes along the graph will be way faster indeed. And as Nicolas said, we integrated a little surprise in SD 3.5 in terms of painting workflow, stay tuned!

worldspace noise! yay! :D

Will their be training video available for the new products?

Yes, we'll try to produce as many as we can!
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

I'm really excited about multi-materials. But all my woes will be over when you announce Modo integration  ;)

Well, stay tuned ;) (maybe not in the very short term, but not too long from now either ;)
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

Maybe moving to France isn't such a bad idea after all!  :)
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast
Steam: badgerdk - Skype: seborgarsen

Maybe moving to France isn't such a bad idea after all!  :)

Hahaha, see? :)
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

http://legacy-support.allegorithmic.com/node/669

thanks!

Well, I realize it took us quite some time...

thats what she said...
what i percieved was: "even though it seems to have been a difficult task and took a while to implement, you did not give up!"
:)

We never give up!
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

And while we're at it, a new sneak peek (I bet you will like that one): this new iteration of Substance Designer (to be released next week, woot!) will include a high poly - low poly tangent space normal map baker. No need to use an external tool to do so, generate the Normal right within the graph and update it at the speed of light until you get the result you really want.

Let us know what you think! :)
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

I have two main questions:

1. Will batching tools will be able to bake hp->lp normal maps as well ?

Currently I'm using xNormal command line and custom python script to automate baking maps and connecting them to proper substances using batching tools. Can't think of doing that thing manually  ;D

2. How is the "bounding box" with the distance set - as a cage based on lp mesh or just a box ?

I often don't have time to twiddle with the setting for raycasts (or box) in xNormal, so baking a map with a cage (which is a mesh pushed a bit along each vertex normal) really speeds things up and guarantees so far the best result. What solution did you guys come up with ? Would I have to tweak the distance settings for each mesh ? That would be really time consuming and will break efficient pipeline. Or did you guys came up with a better solution which would give me good looking maps without any strangeness ?

I think you're doing a great job :) I'm eager to see and test this feature for myself after 3.5 will be up.

I am very excited to test this version 3.5 - profiler is really a good idea.
Thanks !

yeah, does it use a cage? will we be able to tweak it to fit better onto the low?

Quote from: xXm0RpH3usXx link=topic=94.msg393#msg393
[size=60pt
worldspace noise! yay! :D[/size]

Now THAT would be cool - feed it your position map, and no more seems!

Yes we use a cage for the baking, although it's not manually editable for now, you can set the extrusion distance.