Author Topic: Substance Designer 3.5 sneak peeks  (Read 16301 times)

And a new Substance DEsigner 3.5 Sneak Peek. Getting hot: the highly anticipated, fast and live link between Adobe Photoshop and Substance Designer!

With this feature, you will be able to read any .PSD file and pick the layers you want to see exposed as individual nodes in your graph.

The beauty of it? If you do a modification of one or several layers in Photoshop and save your file, the nodes (hence the whole graph) will be automatically updated in Substance!

This means you can still use Photoshop for what it is good at (like painting) and have the power of non linear texture creation with Substance.

How do you like that one? :)
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

Like very much  ;D

Hahaha, very nice  :D
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

How do you like that one? :)
Cool! I really like that. ^^

One last before we release it: Tesselation support in the 3D View!
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

WOW! Cool... i'm so excited. ^^

So will you be having a GDC promo of any sort? I'm ready to upgrade now ;)

So will you be having a GDC promo of any sort? I'm ready to upgrade now ;)

Yes ;) promo coming for GDC indeed. We're setting up everything and launch this all soon (most probably on Wednesday).
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic

Aww, nothing on 2.0->3.0 upgrades :(

congrats to the release!

though i was informed via maxunderground.com i think. so if you have sent a notification e-mail, i didnt get it.

also, the download section is messed up for me. :P
the list with the possible downloads is moved  to the right of the title bar, effectivly making the site almost twice as broad. and i have "   substance_designer_3_5_0_build_11973.exe" and some others doubled in there. is there any diffierence? i know, some are older versions, some are for mac, but this one is doubled, too. I use firefox!

Yeah, I am downloading now, so excited :)

So, you promised a roadmap with the release.... GIMME :D

Yes we are aware of the download section problems. We have plans to rework it in the coming months.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Director of Product Management & COO

So, you promised a roadmap with the release.... GIMME :D

In fact, roadmap for Substance 4 was presented last Monday during the User Group Meeting in San Francisco, and a NDA had to be signed by all participants because we don't want any of this to go public just for now. We're onto something BIG ;)

More news soon (I hope very soon), and thanks again for your enthusiasm! You will be among the first to know.

Sébastien
---
Founder and CEO
Allegorithmic