Author Topic: X-TAON: The Art Car Texturing Contest  (Read 5098 times)

Hello, good afternoon,

First of all, thank you for this initiative. I have two questions about my car, in one of the rules you say that you can not add mesh and sculpt. Would my car with its normals be sculpted? All normals are made within Substance using different effects and alphas.

The other doubt when you look at Front three-quarters view is free or what you have in the model's cameras?

Mi car:

Thanks

When using imported camera and override viewport resolution in iray mode rendering,
The rendered result seems to affected by ratio of the viewport.

If there is a blank areas top and down of viewport based on the ratio of overridden resolution, the subject will be farther away,
When there are left and right blank areas, the subject is come close.

Referring to the camera frame in paint mode,
It seems like the case that the blanks on the left and right is correct result.

blank areas top and down of viewport, the subject get far away.

camera settings are same but, by adjust window size, blank areas now left and right of viewport, the subject come close.

Can I design without adding any logo?

HI there, I just have 2 quick questions:

1) I am in NZ, so just to confirm, 11:59 PST Tuesday is going to be around 9pm on Wednesday for me?

2) In regards to not using any logos. Is the logo from the license plate from NZ allowed? I included my WIP below. I am referring to the 4 stars and the silver fern logo either side of the plate.

Thank you for your time and love seeing all the submissions work so far. Its really looking good!

Just wondering for posting final submission do we need to add logos on our renders?
Reply #64 on: Today at 02:04:40 am

Hi there, had a question about the contest submission category. I graduated from my university in July 2017 and have been taking courses in an art faculty and online resources such as CGMA. I have also been accepted to Think Tank Training Centre for the June 2019 intake so I am just waiting for that time. Does this mean I should enter for Pro or the Student category? And since I had submitted 2 days ago for the Student category would I be automatically disqualified or can I be moved to Pro if I my requirements don't meet? I also asked this on the comments section of the submission, I just want to be sure.
Reply #65 on: Today at 02:11:08 am
Jason Adicendana Tjahyadi - 3D Artist | Student
https://www.artstation.com/jmusictouch

So we are allowed to edit geometry of the mesh. But that part won't be counted during judging?
Reply #66 on: Today at 03:27:19 am

The model is so heavy I just can't upload it on sketchfab without putting all textures in 1K max, a shame really, when I worked in 4K.

There are mentions of a free premium account for contest participants but I have absolutely no clue on how to get it, help would be appreciated
Reply #67 on: Today at 12:55:39 pm

The model is so heavy I just can't upload it on sketchfab without putting all textures in 1K max, a shame really, when I worked in 4K.

There are mentions of a free premium account for contest participants but I have absolutely no clue on how to get it, help would be appreciated

I think you get the premium account once you upload to sketchfab directly via substance painter
Reply #68 on: Today at 01:30:26 pm

Hi,
I just want to make sure this are the must 3 images?
And If I want to make small changes to the camera just to be more in the screen we can do that?

Reply #69 on: Today at 02:55:57 pm