Author Topic: PBR Converter  (Read 2119 times)

Hi,

I used the new PBR Metal/Rough > Spec/Gloss converter and I found it does weird conversion of the original maps. See below.

I noticed the Glossiness Map is totally white after conversion, really weird. Did I pick the wrong slot ?

I loaded these maps in V-Ray and the defaults settings don't provide expected results. But If I invert the glossiness and the specular maps, it works. So, what I did wrong ?

Anyway, I'm happy to see that offline renderer users are not forgotten and the last update of Painter and Designer is really cool, you did such a great work guys !

If Vray is selected as the target, viewing the map using the Diffuse/Specular/Gloss in SD won't give you a correct result.

Make sure you don't invert the roughness and the metallic input (looks like it's inverted in your graph: first input is basecolor, second input is roughness, third input is metallic).
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

If Vray is selected as the target, viewing the map using the Diffuse/Specular/Gloss in SD won't give you a correct result.

Make sure you don't invert the roughness and the metallic input (looks like it's inverted in your graph: first input is basecolor, second input is roughness, third input is metallic).

It's as simple as that, thanks for the response Nicolas. The order of the channels in the node name misled me ( BaseColor/Metallic/Roughness ). I have 2 others questions, but I don't know if you did some test.

> What is the correct height value to set in my V-Ray material to match the look of my model in Substance Designer ? 1 system unit ? ( I tested that and it seems to work )
> V-Ray offers to control the tail falloff of the GGX BRDF, is there a specific value to match exactly the Substance shader ?

You mean to match the displacement ?
I think we applied a multiplier on the height so that the parallax occlusion and the displacement both give a similar result but I don't have the shader code at the moment.

For the ggx tail falloff, just leave it to default.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic